Friday, June 22, 2012
I just got back from a trip to Kroger and didn't realize how packed it would be on a Friday afternoon, before work usually gets out! Maybe a lot of people in this town don't work the usual 9-5 or they leave early on Friday. Anyway...
It was difficult to navigate the store with people abandoning their carts and not leaving enough space for another cart to pass by (in either direction!). Anyway, without further ado... These are the groceries I bought for the week (for my boyfriend and me):
- 16-oz tub of cottage cheese, full fat ($1.99)
- 7 off-brand yogurts, lowfat ($2.80)... the bf eats all of these
- off-brand fishsticks ($3.69)... the bf specifically requested this
- off-brand fish fillets ($3.69)... or maybe these, wasn't sure, so I got both!
- frozen corn ($1.00)
- frozen peas ($1.00)
- off-brand orange juice ($1.67)
- off-brand orange pineapple juice ($1.67)... I had a coupon for two OJs
- 2 boxes of Triscuits ($5.54) ... had a coupon...
- off-brand American singles ($1.00)... I like these for egg mcmuffins
- 1 pint blueberries ($1.50)... on sale! yay, summer!
- 1 cup raspberries ($1.50)
- 7 bananas ($1.51)
- 1.76 lb cherries ($5.26)... This was a healthy treat for myself. Expensive!
- Wheat tortillas ($1.69)
- Whole wheat bread ($2.29)
- Whole grain bread w/flax seeds ($2.29)
- 1 dozen large eggs ($1.00)
- 1 gallon 1% milk ($2.49)
Total: $41.98 (MI doesn't add sales tax to groceries/food. Also, I don't guarantee that the numbers above actually add up to this because I may have skipped an item.)
Normally I get apples and/or baby carrots, but we have some of those leftover from our last grocery run. :) What does your grocery list look like, SparkFriends?