Friday, June 22, 2012
ASSIGNMENT #3- List the reasons you want to lose weight.
I have done this before, but it is a good time to review and remind myself of why I am on this journey. I wrote these in a blog in Feb 2010...
"Here are some of the things that motivate me on this weight loss journey:
1) Grandchildren - I want to be around to play with them and enjoy watching them grow up. I only have 1 granddaughter right now.
2) Health - I am healthy on the whole, but my knees ache a lot and I am sure it is because of the weight. Just getting off the pounds will help that.
3) Mirror - being able to look in the mirror and not see the rolls of fat will be nice.
4) Clothes - I'm tired of having to buy plus size clothes. I have a closet full of nice clothes that I don't wear because I don't fit in them well.
5) Myself - I want to feel good about myself. "
ASSIGNMENT #4 - Trigger Foods
Trigger foods = baked goodies, or anything that is in sight at the time I feel I need to eat something.
I have been reading "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst. This paragraph jumped out at me..."I had to get honest enough to admit it: I relied on food more than I relied on God. I craved food more than I craved God. Food was my comfort. Food was my reward. Food was my joy. Food was what I turned to in times of stress, sadness, and even in times of happiness. And I hated admitting that. I felt stupid admitting that. I felt like such a spiritual failure." Ouch.
My strategy to avoid the Triggers.
1) I determine to make God, rather than food my focus. Each time I crave something I know isn't part of my plan, I will use that craving as a prompt to pray.
2) Record it in Spark Nutrition before I eat it and if I still want it after I see the calories, I will still eat it, but I will be mindful of what I am doing.
ASSIGNMENT #5 - Know Your Numbers
Current Weight: 227.75 pounds
5% = 11.25
Target Weight: 216.5 pounds
By When: Aug 18th, 2012
Goal to eat 1610 - 1960 calories per day
Goal to burn 3610 calories per week - need to exercise at least 60 min a day
Goal to go from 231 to 216 by 8/18/2012
ASSIGNMENT #6 - Tricks to cut calories
Big one here - one snack a day needs to be a freggie one. I want to have an apple with almond butter as a replacement of one of the snacks I normally eat.
ASSIGNMENT #9 - List YOUR reasons/excuses on why YOUR diets and exercise plans have not been well executed in the past and for each write a strategy that will keep you on track for 8 weeks.
1. Busy -- plan in exercise time
2. Gave in to cravings -- pray
I know this will be challenging for me because of the wedding preparations I have to do. But I am going to try to stay focused.