Friday, June 22, 2012
1. Drink about 8 glasses of water. need to pick it up more. it is easier to drink more water when it is hot. and it is hot here. think we are in a hot wave pattern.
2. Eat more fruit and veggies. I confess I bore easily. I am picky when it comes to certain veggies. with veggies i have to find a way to use seasoning without salt and butter. I am up for suggestions. With the fruits I will have to monitor my b/s for spikes. But cost is a factor so I will look for sales and frozen veggies. I decided to give up making a garden...when I found that I would be the only doing up keep. It is hot in the summer and I do not tolerate heat well. I can alway use the farmers market when it comes.
3. eat at least 3 whole grain daily.Need to pick this up. monitor spikes etc.
4. Some for form of exercise 6 times a week. I joined a gym and exercise is on going. I use the treadmill and spinning bike I use the program on the equipment to keep myself challenged. I use weight balls when I walk on the treadmill. Now I have not started lifting weight yet...but I have to come up with a routine I can live with. ON GOING!
5. Post Food, BS readings, and exercise. News on food posting I can be anal with this so I need to only post a dew days of the week the rest of the day I can journal in my exercise/diet book. BS readings done mainly on my gluco machine but I will start filling my readings booklet with my numbers. I love posting my exercise cause that motivates me. summer times can be challening when the kids are out of school the computer is extremely busy and it is a race to see who gets on first. LOL
6. Monitor emotional eating Closely------------ this includes prayer, and writing thoughts out on paper and talking things out. Negative thoughts!...The devil is a liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still a work in progress! Need to work on this more. Also mindless eating is a killer need to over come this.
7. Cut off my night owl wings! Needs improving..found out that lack of sleep can delay weight loss. Now that is a reason to go to bed.
Diabetic updates new dr and things are going fine. a1c was 8.1 now it is 6.7 still need work but at least it is going in the right direction. dr added one more met pill which I had to get used to. If you know what I mean. Onglyza when junevia runs out.
The hope Chest Challenge is a storage box full of beautiful Clothes size 14 given to me by my wonderful and caring mother. Of course I am not a size 14 now. I am a couple sizer bigger but it does not have to stay that way. The goal is reachable and victory is just ahead. I use the hope chest it as a reminder of my goal this upcoming December 12, 2013.