Preparing for Girls' Night
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
I'm bracing myself for a fantastic evening: girl talk, wine, appetizers, and an amazing gourmet dinner cooked by my wonderful friend, Jean. Since I'm back to making good decisions, I'm prepping for tonight by
* drinking lots of extra water!
* deciding that two drinks is the limit -- sip s-l- o-w-l- y...
* putting the menu into the nutrition tracker already so I know what my portions need to look like
* bringing a full water bottle with me
* pre-determining to seat myself out of easy reach of appetizers
I can do this without bingeing. I've even planned for a half portion of tiramisu and stayed within range! Yes, that involved cutting back on my calories for lunch, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
On another note, I originally had a goal to hit 1000 fitness minutes for June. Today, I did the math and figured out that I have to average 65 minutes per day for the next ten days. At first, this seemed daunting. However, I was thinking that if I took a 20-30 minute walk in the morning, then my workout later in the day becomes much more manageable. And who knows? Maybe I'll enjoy my morning walks so walk that they become 45-60 minute walks. Throw in some strength training, and I can get it done.
I changed my ticker to track minutes instead of weight. Check my progress and lend me some encouragement if you can!