Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.

    DUSTYPRAIRIE   156,932
150,000-199,999 SparkPoints

Self Pep Talk

Monday, June 18, 2012

Todays "Daily Challenge Team" offered this challenge: Name 5 great things about yourself and write 3 positive goals to accomplish by the end of the year. The goals are to be specific. Hence, this blog.


1. Caring. I am emphthetic to folk's situations. I do what I can to help.

2. I listen. While I still need to listen harder, I do listen. People don't always want advice. They need to talk and be heard.

3. A good cook. Thanks to hubby allowing me to experiment with spices, etc., and his humor if something comes out a total flop, I aquired the confidence to be creative in the kitchen. Most things now come out flavorful and are worth making again. My food is also nutricious 99% of the time and and least lightened up the other 1%.

4. Consistent with diet and exercise. This has taken some time for all those baby steps to change to toddler steps and now walking. I am to the point that I can do what needs to be done without the proverbial checklist. That goes for tracking, too, for the most part, though I still and will probably always do it. The vacation I'm on has been the test and except for circumstances beyond my control I passed!

5. Spiritually I am growing. That is a process. My sprituality is one of the things that makes me strong when I need to be. I've come a long way on my walk with the Lord.


1. Basic Sign Language (ASL). I didn't realize how much I had lost by not practicing. I will get into the groups or classes needed to be able to communicate again. Everyone has a dream in their heart and that has always been mine. Now is the time!

2. Goal weight. With just under 6 months left of 2012 I can accomplish this following my program. With each season I will focus on a new activity. This summer, water aerobics. Fall, probably dry cross-country skiing. It's a little early to decide on that one.

3. My parlor and kitchen will be re-done. I'm starting in the parlor with having the walls and ceiling painted and new flooring laid. Then a wall of the kitchen will be coming out to make room for a new a broom closet and enclosure for the ice box.


Member Comments About This Blog Post:
KITT52 6/20/2012 9:06AM

    same here I use to be good with my signing but since I don't use it any more most has been forgotten...

good goals

Report Inappropriate Comment
SWANATOPIA 6/20/2012 7:52AM


Report Inappropriate Comment
ASHAIXIM 6/20/2012 1:00AM

    Awesome!!! I really need to sit down tomorrow and list those things out too!!

Report Inappropriate Comment
CANDOK1260 6/19/2012 5:29PM

    great blog and you are wonderfull

Report Inappropriate Comment
REBECCAMA 6/19/2012 8:11AM

    Love the title of your blog. My daughter is in kindergarten and has been learning about "self talk" this year. It's a good lesson for all of us. YOU can do it!

Report Inappropriate Comment
JOURNEY-2-JOY 6/19/2012 5:55AM

    Great idea for a blog. Good luck with your goals! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
FUNGIRL81005 6/19/2012 12:16AM

    emoticon Love the blog...Got me thinking......Going to make me a list too!!

Report Inappropriate Comment
BARBIE176 6/18/2012 9:41PM

    emoticon blog my friend. You can achieve each of your goals if you stay focused, and you have a wonderful list of greats. emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
EAGLES_WINGS 6/18/2012 5:31PM

    emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon
Yay! Good for you! emoticon
Keep up the good work!

Report Inappropriate Comment
NYKIMMIE 6/18/2012 5:30PM


Report Inappropriate Comment
DANCINCAJUN1 6/18/2012 12:17PM

    I'm with you .... well, maybe except for the cooking part .... eating DH's food is what got me to this "stage" .... and I just got finished "scorching" one side of the chicken breasts -- case in point !! LOL ... oh well, I try !! You will get this done I know .... I'm slowing reaching my short term goals which is what I think I needed so far as the pounds are concerned .......... you keep on being strong my friend .... Roc
emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
WHITNEYLD 6/18/2012 11:46AM

    emoticon emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

Log in to post a comment.

Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

Other Entries by DUSTYPRAIRIE