Monday, June 18, 2012
I am determined to stick with my health plan better on this challenge and lose my 20 pounds! My husband just had a near-death experience from a bad reaction to a bee sting and hopefully that will keep me motivated also to get healthier again. My plan for success this challenge is-
1. Cut back to almost none of cookies, cake, pie, ice cream, candy, chips or other high fat and little nutrition foods. I would like to say have none of these but I don't think I can be successful with that for the whole challenge.
2. Up my veggies and fruits to more than 5 a day and try to substitute these when I'm tempted to have the foods from #1
3. See my doctor and have a complete physical which I have been putting off because of my weight gain!
4. Get my blood work that's overdo done (maybe thyroid is out of whack again)
5. See my dentist which is also overdo
6. Get a mammogram which is also overdo
7. Continue to aim for 10,000 steps a day and do my strength training
8. Continue to track here on spark and participate actively on teams
9. Get enough sleep every day - even if I have to add a daytime nap
10.Drink more water and try to gradually cut out coffee
There are so many things that I could add to this list but these are the 10 most important at this point. I know I can do this - I just have to stay motivated!!