Some Challenge Prep
Friday, June 15, 2012
I put my commitment and answered questions on my SparkPage, but I want to list some reasons I want to lose weight in a blog.
1. I want to move on to something else! I've been "working on" losing weight for a looooong time, and I'd like to just be done with it already, healthy, happy, with good habits, so I can start focusing on other things.
2. I want to look good in photographs and feel cute and pretty.
3. I'm not getting any younger!
4. I asked my husband to take me dancing, but I don't want to go NOW, because I think I'll enjoy it more if I'm a little less self-conscious. So in 10 pounds, I wanna go dancing. That may sound bad--like I'm putting my life on hold until I lose weight, but I don't think so. My life is SO not dancing. And if an awesome concert or another dancing opportunity comes up, then of course I will take it. But a night on the town? I call that a reward!
5. I feel better--not just when I'm making progress, but in general, when I'm working out and living more healthily. I've been kind of bad the last couple weeks, but I hope to get out of my funk soon-ish...definitely before the challenge.
I think that's good for right now. Single-mindedness isn't taking me very far, I'm afraid, because I'm no good at being single-minded. It just gives me permission to slack on everything. I've hit a decent stride on some things--found a breakfast that keeps me full for a good part of the day, having veggies ready for meals and snacks, and trying to keep moving throughout the day. But my exercise has fallen by the wayside, I'm drinking a ton of diet soda lately, and my detente with sleep and second job is falling apart. I'm exhausted. Part of it is Euro Cup--I've been watching it on DVR when I should be sleeping, but I'm sure the higher amounts of caffeine in the evening aren't helping... and so on.