Thursday, June 14, 2012
I didn't post the other day but I hit my goal weight! YESSSSSS! I rewarded myself by buying a pair of shorts and a skirt, neither of which I've been willing to wear until now. Even an extra 10-15 pounds looks like a lot when you're short and it all goes right to my thighs and tummy. Let's not let that happen again!
Today is day four in a row of doing morning yoga. I have discovered that if it's the very first thing I do, even before making coffee, it's actually pretty easy to do it. There is a 10 minute yoga program on Netflix that I enjoy with 5 different 10-minute programs. I even got out of bed a little early today so I could do two of them!
Other great things I have been doing:
- At work I always make sure I have a glass of water in easy reach, which helps me to drink water without really thinking about it or forcing it.
- I discovered coconut almond milk and quickly swapped that instead of regular milk. I'm not sure what the exact benefits are from a health perspective but I feel good about it.
- I keep Luna bars in my desk at work (super cheap at WalMart) for a quick lunch when I don't want to eat empty calories.
- Evening walks! Well, sometimes. I need to do more because they are lovely and I've done a couple of miles before I know it.
- Being active on Pinterest. This is great for my mental health to look through pretty and inspiring pictures and ideas, and it's a no-mess way to essentially keep pages from my favorite magazines without having magazines all over the place.
- I can't remember when the last time I ate something deep-fried was. I thought I would miss it more but I really don't.
- I have been avoiding high fructose corn syrup long enough that I can taste it in food now when I do eat it and knowing that makes it that much easier to control portions when I do have it.
Looking forward to focusing my efforts on toning, increasing workout times, and rewarding myself with clothes that look great on me. The house should be finished in about a month and a half and I'm sure that will offer all sorts of workout opportunities!