Countdown to the Challenge - Assignment #1
Sunday, June 10, 2012
I think I am a glutton for the idea of Challenges. Having just finished the Spring Boot Camp Challenge, I jumped into the 28 Day Challenge. And in the back of my mind I knew I wanted to do the Healthy Eating Challenge once school is out. Then I got an invite from KALISWALKER to join the Summer 5% Challenge. Once I started reading about it I knew the idea of joining a team and competing in a challenge was really something I wanted to try. I finished up the first week of the 28 Day Challenge feeling rather uninspired, so I quit - something I don't like to do - and am now eagerly waiting to find out what team I will be on and when the Summer 5% Challenge will start.
So here is my first assignment:
1. For this challenge I will exercise daily for a minimum of 45 minutes for the 56 days of the challenge (min 30 on the elliptical, and either a SP Coach Nicole video, or one of my new Jillian Michaels dvds). In lieu of a bikini wax for losing my first 20 pounds, I decided I would much rather have a Fit Bit, so I have ordered one - KNOWING I WILL lose 2 pounds by my goal date of this coming Friday - the last day of the school year!
2. I will continue to track my calories and portion sizes on SP, and will be doing the cooking this summer using recipes I've started collecting on Pinterest, Cooking Light, and SP.
3. On my Team page (hopefully The Super Under Dawgs) I will record my daily exercise and Living the Good Life Points, and on Saturdays I will weigh in and record it.
4. I will check in with my team daily and leave a comment on the Discussion Board.
5. I will read and comment on blogs as I have time. Most importantly, though, I will continue to check in with my SP friends who have been here with me from the start! Anyone want to join me?
Have a fabulous week! I spent the day doing report cards (I KNOW! I have a week of school left, yet my report cards have to be done by Tuesday. How weird is that?!). But now it's all down hill.