Sunday, June 10, 2012
Now that I have been a member of SP for over 100 days, I've decided that I need to go over what I have learned. How the things I have learned have changed me for the better.
1. I can measure my success by more than just my weight loss on a scale. There is such a thing as NSV, non scale victories.
2. There is more than just long term goals. Making short and medium term goals help in making my journey successful.
3. Eating less is not always better. I eat more now of fruits and veggies and feel better.
4. It's OK to have "Oops Days". If I have a candy bar, or milkshake, it's OK as long as I learn from it and control my intake.
5. Some movement is better than no movement. Doing 10 minutes a day of exercises, helps in building your metabolism.
6. Slower is better. Slowly increase and slowly decrease has more of a lasting effect.
7. Helping others makes you feel better, which in turns helps you.
8. Making goals are dreams with a deadline.
9. One step back, two step forward, keeps you moving ahead.
10. SparkFriends are the greatest tool for motivation and support.
I have learned a lot more, this is just ten of the most Important ones. With these and the many others I know I will accomplish the goals I have set.