Today was a damn near perfect day for me! Check it out:
- Woke up naturally at 6:57am, moments before my clock was set to go off, allowing me to avoid starting my day with a blaring alarm!
- Got dressed, went to the track and killed Week 5, Day 3 before 8am. One of my fave old dudes at the track initiated a conversation with me on the way to the car! (I guess he figures I'm "sticking"?!). Oh yeah, and I crossed 1,000 minutes of fitness with today's workout!
- Ran through a few yard sales after working out and bought my husband some cool jackets for $2 each -- bonus!
- Stopped at Starbucks and brought my laptop. Got an Venti Americano and pounded out almost a thousand words for the Camp NaNoWriMo competition!
- Picked up the too-small shoes my Mom bought me for Mother's Day from the Shoe Repair place. Dude stretched them out for me as a last ditch attempt to get these buggers to fit and IT WORKED! They're so cute!
- Went home to find my sleepyhead family just waking up -- dragged my 9-year-old into the grownup's bed and hugged and cuddled each other until...
- My Mom and Dad called to see if we wanted to go with them on an impromptu trip to Ikea. We scrambled to get dressed and hit the store.
- At Ikea, not only did my husband and I totally agree that we couldn't live without this $99 decorative room divider/screen thingy, we decided to go ahead and actually buy it (he and I are notoriously cheap when it comes to buying chiz for ourselves)!
- Here's the only fly in the ointment (not really, though) -- when we got the screen home, it had a big ding in it, so we had to drive all the way back and exchange it for another. The good part? Yeah, we got the last one, baby! (Sorry, my fellow Atlanta Ikea-shoppers in need of room dividing!)
- When we got home, for dinner I made the best thing I know how to make, which is homemade fajitas, burned as hell and super-tasty!
- And now? I'm relaxing here on Spark with you guys, checking in at the lower end of my calorie scale for the day and still eating ice cream!
So, as you guys know, I'm not religious, but if there *is* actually someone up there, doling out good days, I just gotta say, you did a great job today.
And so, to all a good night!