Saturday, June 09, 2012
Beginning weight (05/11/12): 191
Current weight (06/09/12): 185
Amount of Sleep: 10 hours
Commitment level when I started my day (1-5): 5
Exercise/time: Walked 2.21 miles/39 minutes
Well I have made it 30 days. I feel great. I have slipped a few times but overall I did stay committed. Now for the next 30 days.
Also, I lost another pound!!! My official weigh in was not until today but I weighed on Thursday because I couldn't resist. So my official lost after 30 days is 6 pounds. Now my goal was 8 pounds. But I am very happy with 6 pounds.
In the past it seems like it takes a while to get started losing weight but once I get started I can lose regularly for a few weeks before slowing down again. So I feel like I am on the up swing.
I do realize there are some changes I need to make. I am staying in my calorie range 90% of the time. However, my food choices are not the greatest. I also need to concentrate on drinking water throughout the day.
I am doing great with the walking. In the past 30 days I have only missed 4 days of at least 10 minutes of activity. That is a vast improvement over my past attempts to lose weight. I also need to concentrate on strength training.
So my plan is to stick with my June goals through the rest of this month. To reiterate them to myself, here they are again:
1. continue to track my food daily and watch my calorie intake
2. drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
3. spend time with God in prayer and reading the Bible at least once a day
4. continue my Days of Accountability
5. do cardio at least 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes
6. do strength training at least 3 days a week
7. continue to log my activities on my fitness tracker
8. blog at least 3 days a week
9. strive for at least 7 hours a night, preferably 8 hours
10. get down to at least 181 pounds (This will be 10 pounds lost. My goal for 60 days is 173. I am going to leave this goal. If I do not meet this, I will be happy with 175 and I will adjust my future goals.)
Thanks to all my friends for the support and accountability you have offered. Please continue to do so.