For the first time in awhile I don't have any specific topic on my mind. Considering how chatty I can be, it's quite remarkable, actually. Instead, I've collected an assortment of random thoughts:
1. I can't believe I'm going to be hiking in Alaska next week! How awesome is that going to be? I'm ready for it; I bought a new pair of hiking boots and will test them out on a hike this weekend with my meetup group. This time, I'm covering my arms as well as my legs so I'm not covered in ticks when I return.
2. They say losing weight is a marathon for a reason; it really does take a long time! I'm glad to be down 30 pounds, but the kicker is it took me more than five months to get here. Persistence, not perfection is what counts.
3. Sometimes I can see the weight loss, other days I can't. I'm 5'7", and am only halfway through my journey, so the change in my appearance is subtle, not dramatic. Honestly, I think I'll need to lose an additional 20 pounds before it's obvious to everyone I meet that something's changed. I don't need that validation like I used to, but it is icing on the cake.
4. I shopped at whole foods yesterday. I decided to pick up organic ingredients for my morning smoothies. I never worried about pesticides before, but that's because I wasn't eating a lot of fresh foods. Now that I am, I can understand the concern. I plan to sign up for the tour and their cooking classes one day.
5. Yesterday, I wore my favorite summer skirt. It's a size 1x and doesn't look quite right anymore. Dang!
6. Am I getting Spark People obsessed? I'm all over this website every day. I'm constantly reading articles, looking at recipes, checking message boards, reading weight loss success stories, etc. It really does help me stay motivated, though.
Onward and downward.