Wednesday, June 06, 2012
Well, I survived my first 5K. It was not an auspicious beginning since they couldn't find my bib when I went to the registration table. I got another one with a new chip, but somehow, my results don't show - it's almost as if I didn't run the race. I checked the official race photos, and my picture is there. Too bad, I actually broke an eleven minute mile for the first time! I do not like running in a big pack, though. I like my solitary runs when I don't have to navigate the ebb and flow of a large group of people. I am not sure when I will do another race. I am thinking that a Team in Training hike would be great...
1. Walk the Nike Women's Half Virtual Marathon - Done!
2. Walk/Run 1000 miles in 2012 Challenge (Nike+ Site) - In progress - almost 700 miles...
3. Walk/Run 212 in 2012 Challenge (Nike+ Site) - Done!
4. Complete a 5K - Done!
5. Complete the East Bay Regional Park Hiking challenge - need to sign up
6. Renew my USFA membership - TBD