Friday, June 01, 2012
Okay! I haven't done a blog in forever. So I thought I'd start by jotting down what I aim to do the month of June. I often start off a month/week/day by mentally saying what I plan on getting done... and I always plan on sticking with it, but 75-80% of the time that doesn't happen.
- I began the 30 Day Shred yesterday and I want to stick with it for the whole 30 days this time. I've seen other people get good results so why not go for it?
- I'm not so sure just the 30 Day Shred by itself will do it, so I've began investigating the Cough to 5K plan. Tried the first workout yesterday... I've never been much of a runner though so I got through most if it, but did cut it short 5 minutes. This sounds like an excuse but my treadmill has become quite loose, so running on it is a little scary. Might have to resort to doing it outside... which is not very appealing to me. Ha. But I'll figure it out! Just going to attempt that whole thing for now.
- When spending time out with friends I need to focus on sticking to my healthy eating, rather than going for the fast food that they often eat. Packing my own meals and snacks before heading out will surely help out a lot - along with saving me some money!
- In the past I've noticed that when I do work out consecutively... 1-2 weeks, it begins to make me feel empty when I don't do it. So I believe if I just stick with it for 1 week at a time, then I'll end up being more successful.
- Less snacking! Throughout the day, especially when I'm super bored, I tend to nibble on little things here and there thinking that a little bite of this or that won't hurt me. This or that ends up really adding up though.
- Make more time for people. I've been stand-offish quite often the past couple of months... for no good reason. I've been taking advantage of the friendships I have because I'm not used to people sticking around this long and genuinely caring for me. They've already earned their spot in my life and I need to show that appreciation more often.
- Keep on truckin' in the job search department. That doesn't need much improvement. As long as I stick with it... something good will come of it.
Andddd that's all I got for now! I'd say it's a start :)
xo - katy