I do it different. What do I do differently you might ask. Well just about everything.
1. I eat differently. I suffer with compulsive eating disorder, so it's hard for me to eat just one. I live to eat instead of eat to live. I have to watch what I eat every minute of the day. Because I always want to eat. One doctor explained it as I'm an addict. I'm addicted to food, not just certain foods, all foods. Like other addicts, it's an everyday struggle.
2. I exercise differently. Because of several health problems that I let get the best of me, I have mobility problems. I do most of my exercises from a chair. I move slower than most. I do my exercises in small increments.
3. I suffer pain differently. I will hurt til I can't take any more, then I will take something to ease it off. I have Fibromyalgia, so constant pain is something I have to deal with. I try to avoid pain medicines, because I'm afraid of becoming addicted to them. I try to just grin and bare it.
4. I grieve differently. When most people are crying, I'm laughing and making jokes. I try and find the humor in all situations.
5. I think differently. I usually don't think, I just do. I usually think about what I did, not what I'm going to do.
6. I change differently. Where a lot of people make big changes in life to make them better, I make little changes. I have found through continuous failure, that big changes don't work for me. I can't go one day at a time, I have to go one step at a time.
7. I love differently. I love someone for what I don't see, where a lot love what they see. I don't see love, I feel love.
8. I communicate differently. Some people like to communicate through voice, whether talking face to face or on a phone. As for myself I prefer to write what I have to say. As long as I have spell check, I can get my message across.
9. I teach different. I like to show someone what I want them to learn.
10. I learn differently. Like teaching I like to see it, then let me do it.
Some people may do some of this the same as I. I have found that though we may be the same in some ways, we are different. I now know that being different is a good thing. This way we are always learning.
A bonus difference. I have a tendency to randomly blog about weird stuff.
Don't be ashamed to be different. Different is good.