Thursday, May 31, 2012
So here's my list of goals for 2012
In 2012 I would like to...
1) Lose 50 pounds. This seems realistic based on my current results
2) Be able to fit into a size 16, or smaller again.
3) Keep up with my food tracking daily. This seems to be crucial for me.
4) Exercise daily, even if it's only a brief amount. No excuses!
5) Read through my One Year Daily Bible and attend church as often as possible
6) Continue exceeding water drinking goals daily
7) Complete the Bucs blanket I began 2 years ago to give to my brother.
8) Complete my doggy cross stitch project
9) Read 75 books from my current favorite authors as well as classics and new authors
10) Keep my home clean and organized
11) Try a new healthy dinner recipe once a month
12) Get my planters weeded and kept weed free
And now I will address each goal and how I am progressing.
1) I began the year at 229 and am at 211 currently so I have lost 18 of 50 pounds so far this year. I had hoped to be a little further along by now, but I could still manage to achieve my goal if I really buckle down and try.
2) I have actually been able to fit back into some of my size 16 clothes already. I still can't wear the jeans, but I am able to wear size 18 jeans, down from size 24. So I am confident that I will be able to achieve this goal, sooner rather than later, and might even slip into 14s again.
3) I have done pretty good on the food tracking. There were some days when I was eating at other people's houses and stuff and didn't know how to track some things, or just didn't make the time for it, but I'd say I tracked about 95% of the time.
4) I have not been exercising daily. I really do need to get back to that. I had recently tried a Mon-Fri approach, and it works, if I do it, but I don't even always manage to get 5 days a week in. This is definitely an area that needs improvement. I've started up a C25K program and joined a 5% summer weight loss challenge. Hopefully that will help me stay on track for the next 2 months at least.
5) I have totally been slacking on my Bible reading. I think I am still in March and I have not been going to church every Sunday. I let the temptation of sleeping in keep me home several times. Definitely need to work on this one.
6) I am doing well with water. I have been drinking 12 or more glasses per day.
7) Bucs blanket got postponed while I worked on a baby blanket for my stepbrother and his wife who are expecting their first baby. I will have that finished up by this weekend and then I can get back to that Bucs blanket and hopefully start on some Christmas ornaments I want to make.
8) I haven't touched any cross stitching projects this year so far =/
9) I am reading probably too much. I have read 63 books already this year. Granted several were audiobooks that I listened to while doing other things, but still. I probably should cut back on that some to make more time for other activities. I just enjoy it so much and the Nook has made it so convenient for me, hard to slow it down!
10) I could definitely be doing better on the home front. I have been able to keep the house from getting cluttered, but I do have to improve my cleaning habits. I'm working on sticking to a schedule to make sure that things are being cleaned regularly. I'm just so bad at it. I wish that I had been taught how to keep house instead of having to learn everything on my own. But that's just an excuse and I need to make it a higher priority.
11) I have been trying at least 1 new healthy dinner recipe per month. That's actually a pretty fun goal for me. I don't love cooking, but I don't mind it and I definitely love eating.
12) My front yard is actually in pretty good shape. I need to trim up some of the plants, but I did manage to get it under control fairly well so far. The backyard still needs a lot of work.
I am looking forward to June. I started my weight loss journey officially at the beginning of June 2011 when I couldn't fit in a regular seat of a roller coaster and after 1 year I have made a lot of progress. I have lost 44 pounds and am in much better physical shape and feeling better about myself. Oh and I can now easily fit into a regular seat on a roller coaster with room to spare. YES!
I want to put in a lot of effort between now and my Spark-anniversary at the end of July to get out of the 200s and enter ONEderland for the first time in 17 years or so. I haven't been under 200 pounds since before I was pregnant and my son is almost 17. It's hard, but rewarding changing my life.