Beefing up my efforts at fitness with affirmations..
Monday, May 28, 2012
1. I phrase my affirmations in the here and now: [I am craving healthy nutritious food], so my subconscious knows this is what I want right now.
2. I use the first person, and add my name: [I, Sunshine65, love the way my body feels when I do my exercises]. I use phrases like: I am... I can... I have... I choose...
3. I limit how many affirmations [1 or 2] at a time so they can have more power to work with my subconscious.
4. I repeat them a LOT. I write them out 15 or more times every morning and night. At the mirror I say them looking at myself and using a YOU statement [You have a healthy, sensuous, fit body]. When a negative thought attacks me I use it as a trigger to say my affirmations [with a smile on my face that says I mean it!]. I belt them out like a song in the shower.Sometimes I record them on a disc and play them in my car to and from work. I leave room on the disc to repeat them. Lately I've been putting them on my iPod.
5. When I have doubts I write them out. Then I turn them around into positive statements: ["I'll never get through this plateau" becomes "I am falling off the edge of the plateau dropping off pounds again"].
6. I rev up the pictures of me in my brain living the life my affirmations want. I make it so vivid I can feel it in my body! I create emotions of joy in this and revel in them!
7. I make this whole process a fun game. Every effort at affirmations and the goals they describe seems like points in my game. What a blast!