Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.
100,000-149,999 SparkPoints 127,364

Bee Sting

Monday, May 28, 2012

Wind blew door to bedroom closed today and I went around with key to unlock door to get back it. Stepped into the hallway and ouch...stepped on a bee. Can't believe it! I've been taking bee sting shots for my allergy for years and just stopped. Finally found out the shots worked or I didn't get to much venom. Either way didn't use the epi pen. Pain and swelling YES but didn't go into anaphylatic shock. Took antihistamine immediately, iced it, put steroid cream on it. Swollen now, some nausea and I'm sleeping a lot. Family went snorkeling and to see some water falls. Hope to be able to go to the pool later. I guess this is my rest day.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    Isn't that always the way? You stop taking your shots and right away you get stung! Glad to hear you didn't need to use your epi-pen and were able to treat it successfully yourself. Hope you are back to enjoying your trip!
    1605 days ago
    Ouch! Gracious I'm glad you're not in worse condition from the sting.
    1606 days ago
    glad to hear you are ok
    1606 days ago
    Glad to hear you didn't have a severe reaction! I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii is an amazing place. Enjoy, wahine male.
    1606 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by SWAN47