Tuesday, May 22, 2012
I'm not gonna lie. Today was a challenging day for me. I was stressed out and probably ate a bit more than I needed to. I also skipped my workout, but I have 4 days left in the week! Figured it was time for a day off anyway.
Here's my goals so far:
1. Nutrition- I tracked at 1582. That's a little over, but I will still be in the negative for the day. 3/10
2. Fitness- I took a break today. 100/270 minutes
3. Self Love- Currently blogging- 3/15
Now for today's prompt:
1.How are you going to resist expecting perfection in your plan while still honoring the commitment you have made to yourself? - I gave myself goals that allowed myself some wiggle room. For example, I am trying to track at least 10 out of 15 days allowing up to 5 days for me to get caught up in life. Lets face it, some days tracking is pretty hard.
2. How has expecting yourself to stick 100% to your plan all the time hindered your weight loss progress?- I have been in a plateau for a pretty long time because I expected perfection. When I could not be perfect, I was discouraged. Then I would lose 3 pounds, gain 3 pounds, etc.
3. What compromises are you going to make to be kind to yourself and not always expect perfection? - I will tell myself that it isn't the end of the world and try again. Just because I ate too much at lunch today didn't mean I had to go splurge on pizza for dinner. Instead, I chose healthy options the rest of the day.
4. How are you going to change the way you react when you don't make your goals so you are kinder to yourself (keeping you on track longer!)? - I will use it as a learning experience. I know that things will happen, but what matters is the long term. Today I didn't exercise. That should have no bearing on the rest of my week or even month.
5. How will your life be different if you aren't beating yourself up for getting "off track"?- I will be more confident and consistent, allowing me to reach my goals!