Sunday, May 20, 2012
So I'm at the midway point of the BLC 14 challenge that I'm doing, and it's about time that I reevaluate things a bit.
I started with 3 goals:
1. Complete Training for my first 5k (half done, but set back a week due to incomplete training this last week)
2. Fit into my fancy dress that I bought by the beginning of June.
3. Consume enough calories each day.
I think I'm most proud of the 3rd one, actually. My weight loss was not as dramatic once I started consuming the proper number of calories each day, but it was still relatively steady. I just had a major loss this week, and I think it has a lot to do with stress, but it sort of boosts me for the first time in a while.
So my only original goal that I haven't reached yet is to complete 5k training. And I know that I will not complete that until the end of the challenge.
So, I guess it's time to try some new goals:
1. Drink more water...at least 8 cups a day. I've been pretty lax on that lately.
2. Unless I'm puking or dying, go to the gym. Excuses are no bueno, and I just need to get up and go whenever I get the chance.
3. Reach the lower 260s by the end of the challenge. My original mental goal was to hit 275, and I am .6 pounds away from that.
I'm liking this challenge a lot. Things have been crazy in my life the past few days with concert performances both at home and in NYC at Carnegie Hall. I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things tomorrow.