Thursday, May 17, 2012
OKAY, so now its May 2012...Where does the time go??
Last year at this time I thought that since my son graduated college, got married and moved, that I would have time to organize menues, set up a fitness regime, etc...well, that hasn't gone so well.
I did go to the eye doctor to find I have macular degeneration in my one eye, so that has me thinking:
I AM NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER
I need to start being more proactive in taking care of myself.
1. TIME MANAGEMENT (organizing meals, keeping a routine)
2. BEING VERY LAZY AT NIGHT, WATCHING THE TELLY INSTEAD OF DOING THINGS (I tend to sit and veg, have a few drinks and not be very productive)
3. BEING VERY BUSY - WORK IS F/T AND I FREELANCE, SO ITS ALWAYS EATING ON THE RUN, AND NOT THINKING ABOUT WHAT I AM EATING
So, here's to Spring and another try at weight loss. I have about 100 pounds to loose, a little more perhaps, but my goal through the summer is:
30 pounds by the end of August - that's three months, and an average of 10 pounds/month, so I think I can do that.
1. Trying very hard to stick to a menu - This means PLANNING AHEAD. I will try to set up a menu for the week, with grocery list. I have to go somewhat low carb/low sugar - and reduce salt & fat.
2. Increase excersise - I currently do Jazzercise once a week - I LOVE JAZZERCISE!!! But, it has been hard to get there evenings, I do always get there Sat. am. So I am going to commit to Thursday evening, just get out of work on time and DO IT. I will also add a walk in the Farm Park, about 40 minutes one day after work as well. Its on my way home, and I can keep sneakers in the car.
3. Reduce alcohol consumption - Once I have a glass of wine of a Gin&Tonic, I have less will-power regarding food. I have noticed that when I cut out the wine or GT, I control my food choices.
4. Proper REst - 7-8 hours per night - enough said - it is so important to get sleep.
So, there it is. My goals are much more modest than they have been in the past and I think I am more realistic now.
We shall see!