Thursday, May 17, 2012
Only everything!!! That's how I feel about my Spark Community.
The day I joined Spark I was sick, tired, defeated, unhealthy, not enjoying life. Good grief! There is NO time in life when anyone should feel like that. But it takes SELF-LOVE to make that leap of faith, to take that first step towards better health, having energy, feeling successful, feeling vivacious and healthy and definitely enjoying all life has to offer. That includes all the challenges thrown in . . . and life sure has a way of doing that.
What do I especially love about Spark?
1. THE PEOPLE I've met in the various communities I belong to. There simply could not be a more caring, compassionate, educated group of people.
2. At no time is there any hint of being judgmental. No matter who you are, what you are, what you do, where you live . . . you are accepted! Heck sometimes you don't even have that advantage in your own family! I will say, in my own family, I do feel lucky that my parents always stressed listening to all sides of a situation before making any kind of a judgment.
3. There is so much information on this site that makes it VERY easy to do what needs to be done to get healthy!! It's a matter of taking thge time to learn. Now, that takes time, but if you TAKE the time each and every day to learn just one new thing, you're going to be on the right path.
4. Spark has taught me that motivation has to come from within. You have to love yourself enough and BELIEVE in yourself enough to take the steps you need to take. With all the motivational material available AND the motivation from all the wonderful fellow Sparkers, well . . . motivation happens!
5. Cooking . . . Spark has taught me that there's so many healthy ways to prepare our food that is good for our bodies AND tastes spectacular (or should I say SPARKTACULAR!) Check out all the recipes. Check out the cook book. Loaded with so many ways to feed ourselves and our families healthy, nutritious food.
Spark taught me to be realistic and HONEST about my portion sizes too. It's not good enough to eat heatlhy, nutritious food. You need to eat in portions that are healthy!
6. Spark taught me to look @ food in a different way. Instead of living to eat, it is soooo much better to eat to live! That's a huge lesson I've learned from Spark.
Are YOU feeling the love yet????? I sure am!