Stuck after Surgery
Friday, May 11, 2012
I started at 173 pounds and now am stuck at 159.8. The day of surgery I was 157, so happy! I need to watch the salt and drink a lot of water today. I put lemon in the water and it seems to do wonderful things. I have strong nails and my hair is thicker in places where it was thinning (back of head). I try to stick to 1200 calories a day and stay away from processed foods. So much information out there. I seem to be learning all the time. I started this health journey March 20, 2012. I always knew it was calories in and calories out, but now I watch the sugar and processed carbs very close. This is my first blog ever and it seems a bit disjointed. I will leave it for now and keep at it. I had dental surgery 2 days ago which interrupted my exercise activities until this Monday. I hope I don't bore anyone but I have been helped by some of the stories and I thought I could share what works and what does not.
1. Drink Drink Drink your water!! Know where the bathrooms are on your daily journey!!
2. Whey protein shakes (throw frozen spinach in) also 2 tsp egg whites, cinnamon. You will really feel it in the afternoon. Really.
3. Water with lemon and then some more. Google this and read about the benefits!!
4. Whole Wheat bread ONLY! Not enriched, unbleached, bleached or as a second ingredient. Not multi grain. No white flour as it turns too quickly into sugar. These are the things I do and what I have read and learned from various professionals. I am not an authority.
5. Egg Beaters and Canadian Bacon, Oatmeal and Blueberries and walnuts. Avocado everyday. Chicken and Fish. Lots of fish (good mood??). Steak once a week after a long walk or hike.
6. Strawberries and low fat store brand whip is a good desert when you really want one.
7. Fresh Green, Yellow, Red, Purple (Think Rainbow) Veggies. Salad with Romaine.
(I know you know this, but it really works to fill you up and satisfy!)
Do something every day. I walk on the treadmill or go to the gym. The elliptical machine is my new best friend!! Speed it up or slow it down, keep changing it and it makes me work and does not hurt my joints.
Does anyone who loves /loved to couch it, seem to find that when you do all the right things, you really don't have an interest to sit around anymore?? I am ----this close to cleaning out closets!!!!
I will try this again tomorrow!! Also, I am 65, a baby boomer and happy to be Sparking!!