I decided to write my blog today on the Art of Positive Thinking. The topic made me think of the story about the little engine.
It is said that positive thinking brings inner peace, success, better health, happiness and many other things. I also believe that positive thinging is contagious. If you are a positive thinker, those around you pick up on that also.
The more I think about positive thinking, the more I believe the following:
To be effective, however, positive thinking has to be more than just repeating a few positive words. It has to be your predominant attitude which means it takes work and effort to achieve.
So, if I am willing to make a real change in the way I think and develop a mental power to positively affect not only me, but those around me, I must take action steps.
Following is a list of things I need to work on the achieve that change:
1. Use positive words such as "I can", "it is possible", or even "how will I go about achieving this?:
2. Allow my awareness to only be feelings of happiness, success and strength.
3. Disregard, as much as possible, negative thoughts.
4. Use words that bring about feelings and images of strength.
5. Reat an inspiring book or story each day.
6. Wach movies that make you feel happy (these are actually the only type I really like anyway).
7. Do not read news stories or listen to news stories because they are definitely not going to bring about happiness.
8. Do some form of physical activity daily because this will help me develop a more positive attitude.
9. Expect the best.
I will end this blog with a couple more inspirational images.
Enjoy, and remember to always think you can!