Wednesday, May 09, 2012
Today I did part of Ultimate TaeBo (30 minutes worth). The run time for this video is 89 minutes according to the outside of the box. I had a major calorie burn with my Jillian Michaels workout at 540 so I was feeling a little spent before I even started TaeBo. It would have been better if I could have waited a couple hours in between the two but time was not on my side today. Wednesdays are always crazy because my youngest gets out of school around 145 so I like to have my workouts done before I go and get him plus I have a pool installer (the first one of 4, tomorrow is #2) coming tonight to give us a quote to see if it is something we can do.
What I love!
* The intensity was a little higher in this video at least the 30 minutes I did do
* The music in this one actually had a beat to it but I was focusing more on the moves than the music
* There was this lady right behind Shelly and she is short like me so I was focusing on her and tried to copy her. She was kinda dancing in it during it...she was just fun to watch!
* No stretching in the beginning...I do not want to pull a muscle
* He started out slow so our muscles could get warm but it was not too slow like some of them have been
What I don't like!
*How when Billy doesn't not address the sides of our bodies as my right but instead of his right...a little irritating...I just copy them and not listen to the side he says.
* He address the camera like he is talking to me but always assumes I am doing the move wrong and tries to correct me but I am a veteran so I do it right and the person doing the workout is not always going to be a girl. I love when the instructor is cheering us on but not the way he does it. (I guess I am used to Jillian and Chalene Johnson).
So the part of the video I did I really liked and would definitely do this one again. The energy level is good and so is the class size and there is someone that everyone could relate with. I just have to ignore Billy and his dumb comments. I would estimate that I would have burned over 800 calories if I would have done the whole thing. Pretty good calorie burn.