Wednesday, May 09, 2012
Oh my goodness - this topic was made for me this week! My stupid computer started freaking out the last 15 minutes of class and I had to shut it down. I'm bummed that I missed out!
Weight loss progress: DOWN 1.8 POUNDS! Oh yeah. Happy dance! Only 2 pounds away from my mini goal, deadline is next Wednesday. I will make it!
Update on last week's goals:
1. Track my food 6/7 days per week: Done!
2. Practice affirmations every day: Done! Lauren is right, we need to retrain our thinking. I had no idea how powerful affirmations were, and I'm going to keep doing them.
3. Add variety to my workouts: I'm proud of myself for this one. I usually do the bare minimum with my workouts (due to my time constraints! hello weekly topic!), but I added 10 minutes of treadmill work to my treadmill days, overall ran faster, and added sprints.
4. Change up strength training: I'd put this goal off for 2 weeks, so within the next week or so, I'm going to buy heavier weights. My workouts are starting to feel easier!
Woo Hoos for the week/Non-scale victories: My strength workouts getting easier and my ability to run faster is awesome. We had our first official home showings this week too - yay!
Goals for the week:
1. Track my food 6/7 days per week
2. Practice affirmations each day - I'm going to add writing them down. This week's will be "Exercising is fun", "I am strong and sexy", and "I have time to complete everything I need to do"
3. Cut down on technology time: this is HUGE! I'm going to set my email notifications to only once per hour (instead of as they arrive which seems like every 5 minutes) and set a timer for internet/Facebook usage. I haven't decided how often and how long the timers will be for, and it's hard to set that as I do run an online business. Also, we basically sit like little kids on Christmas morning, waiting for new home listings and emails from our realtor, but I vow to make progress and stop sitting here doing mindless things like obsessively checking Facebook so I don't miss anything.
This past week has been overly stressful for me. I like order and routine, and I don't like the feeling of having a huge outstanding "to-do" list. Every day I feel like I've had the longest list of things to do, and I panic. I try to cut my day down to the most important things, and on Saturday, that included my workout. I had 2 orders I needed to complete, we had an appointment with our realtor, we were desperate for grocery shopping, and I had to go to bed early for work the next day. I know I'm taking on a lot as far as my online business goes - but I don't want to turn away customers and extra income right now. I have goals of spending entire days working on orders, but that never happens anymore, and I panic feeling like I'm so far behind. I'm scared that buying a home is going to put us in over our heads financially, but I've never made a life-changing decision that I wasn't ready for or that I ended up regretting, so I know I just need to take a chill pill. I am ready for this. I think I've been a bit snippy with the husband, and I've been on the verge of tears more than a few times this week because I feel like I've taken on too much right now! This week's topic will force me to step back - calmly - assess the situation and just make it happen. Note to self: RELAX!!!!!
Quote of the week: "If you want or need something, visualize it in your mind and the Universe will provide the way for you to have it. It is good energy attracting good energy. Think well and you will live well."