Exercise and Persistence with Spark's Friend's Help!
Wednesday, May 09, 2012
Today I sat and thought about what has happened in the last 3 years since I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer
1. I live better - enjoy my family time and my friends.
2. I make time for the ones that are important to me. That includes taking time to read articles and track on Spark.
3. Knowing that I will be on Spark daily I make sure that I have something to track in the exercises and by golly I rarely miss a day. Before this it was hit or miss. I keep thinking I will let myself or my team down if I don't do it. I know I have a better life and lifestyle because I do it.
4. I don't always track my food. So far I usually get breakfast and lunch in. Before I started to track I would sometimes skip either breakfast or lunch. Or worst of all - not know how much I was eating.
5. Know much more about leading a healthy lifestyle. I read the articles, take the challenges, read the blogs, get and give support to folks that have somehow become my long distance friends.
6. Take time to breath, relax, and know that I'm alive and better for each day.
7. Keep better control of my diabetes that I was told I had a year after I had a mastectomy. It seemed like all things were hitting, one thing right after another.
8. Make a difference in owning my own health.
9 Know that I just have to read a few blogs or huddle with a team to see all the healthy, super attitudes in Spark.
I may have been able to do this without you guys - my Spark Friends - but I really doubt if I would have been so diligent, persistent and had the support. Even when I think I am not sticking to my goals - I live better and have learned habits that just are there now that keep me healthier.