Friday, May 04, 2012
(Just archiving my letter to myself that I keep on my SparkPage. Here is the one from 3/2012)
My Dearest Self,
Congratulations! You made it through a tough pregnancy. By the time you returned home with your little boy, you weighed less than you did just before becoming pregnant. Wow! Unfortunately, getting back into the swing of watching your nutrition has been hard. Make that HARD!!
You've succumbed once more to sugar and carb addiction. It is beatable, which you've proven by living on a controlled-carb diet twice now! Both times you beat the addiction and felt better. Your new goal has to be to figure out a sustainable controlled-carb diet.
The gestational diabetes diet was a bit too controlled. There was no room for an occasional splurge. Let's be honest, it drove you crazy! So, what you need to figure out is how to leave room for splurges while still fighting that addiction.
The key will be to look at this as what it is: a life-long challenge.
So, what next? Your six-week post-partum appointment with the OB is on March 5th. You should be cleared for exercise after that point. There is no room in the budget for a fitness video purchase at this time, so get creative! Here are some ideas:
- Sign up for at least one challenge group here on SP. Then sign up for one long-term challenge.
- Check out the other fitness website, Fitocracy, for ideas of challenges.
- Check out fitness videos on Hulu, Amazon Prime, or the library. These are all free (or previously paid for) resources!
Now, for your March Goals:
1. Begin to track your food. If you have to, increase the calorie range you use so that you are challenged but not discouraged.
2. Pick a challenge to join as soon as you are cleared to workout. This can be on Spark, or from another resource.
3. Become accountable to others. Post what you still need to lose on Facebook (ack!), and post which challenge you are using on Spark, in several places.
Well, self, you are doing fine. Don't beat yourself up about the weight gain this past month. The month is over, it is what it is, and it's time to move forward! Onward to ONEderland!
Your loving self