Friday, May 04, 2012
My 2012 Update! Sorry it took soooo long...
I lost a total of 17 pounds last year , and have kept 13 of it off ! Of which I feel very good and am proud of myself for accomplishing I would like to lose just 5 to 10 more ....
The big deal for me was weight gain after quitting smoking. That was 5 1/2 years ago . The cravings were still very strong for the first 4 years. So....not the promised "2 weeks out of your system" lie that your hear from " professionals" . ( Who never smoked a day in their life )
Anyway ....that is behind me .
The tools that worked best for me in losing and managing my weight loss so far would be:
1. " Variety". I need to switch it up ! Vegetables , recipes ......Very Important !
2. Pre- preparing "go to" foods . Once a week I fill a huge tupperware container with salad using 5 to 7 vegetables and store sealed ...... stays for a week in the refrigerator. Always have the ease to create a great Salad everyday . Experiment with dressings !
-Boiled Eggs in fridge on hand.. always
-Keep Fridge stocked with pre cooked ground Turkey, Chicken breasts
- Freezer stocked with Fish Filet's , meatballs , turkey sausage all from costco
- Almond Milk... Got have that Latte first thing in the AM
- Fat is good ....sugar , an indulgence
-Apples.....cold and Crisp A staple !
3. It's all about how I FEEL in my body. Feeling light is the goal .
4. Learning to Socialize in a functional way . For me , Indulging in that glass of wine, or not being afraid to go out to happy hour with friends ...trusting that water always finds it's own level at the end of the day . After all aren't friends , family and relationships where it's at anyway?
5. It;s not so much what I eat today , but the entire week total that matters
6. No Hurry. Just progress
7. Eat frequently throughout the day....unless your full , then wait
6.Read the other success stories on this site . Try to find someone you have the most in common with, ie weight loss goals, lifestyle etc. That helps to kickstart and pull you up when you need it the most.
7. When you have lost 10% of your weight ...celebrate it ! If you can keep that off it's a great accomplishment ! I believe that
8 I have to give credit to the primal Blueprint...and use it when needed. Taught me alot on how to stay satiated. The Best ground work I ever did ! Recommend it Highly !
9. Tracking ...calories AND carbs. Finding the magic number...your magic number
10. Weighing everyday works for me ....at least I measure my waist , which keeps me motivated
So I am gonna be content and happy with MY accomplishment so far ... going back to what works for me, I know when I don't have these things in place I go back to eating on the fly.
And thanks to all my spark friends who have kept in touch and just by doing that , have motivated me everyday !
Just know ...you will get there