Thursday, May 03, 2012
till my half and I can't wait. I think my body is wanting to revolt. Did my last training run this morning and am hoping to see the chiroprator tonight. All I have left to do is eat more carbs and pack and figure out what my sister and I are doing in terms of logistics for this weekend.
Oh and stretch, stretch and stretch since so many things are starting to ache :(
I have made a little list of stuff for race day.
Notes to self race day.
• Have everything packed and ready to go the night before.
• Use the gel that Lisa is so kindly sending me to not chafe the girls like crazy.
• Take any pictures with people before the race cause it ain’t going to be pretty afterwards and as my husband can attest to no one will want to be around be either.
• Goal of finishing before the marathoners get in but 2 hours and 45 minutes or better would be AWESOME.
• Find Savannah (Crazymango) and hopefully run part of the race with her since my sister is way way way faster then me and will be running with her group of running friends. I have never run with someone I knew before and think this would be a blast. Hopefully we can encourage each other along the way.
• Try not to sing out load or dance to I’m Sexy And I KNOW IT while running, hubby says, not sexy (hahaha)
• Make sure that the hubby knows were to go for the half way point and what time to be there since I will need some encouragement at that point.
• See if the DD and her BF can make it to also cheer us on towards the end (he lives 2 block away from the route but it is on a Sunday morning and a 20 year old needs as much sleep as she can get)
• Try not to break out in tears like a blubbering baby when I cross the finish line but I give no guarantees.
• Have protein shake and coconut water ready after the race.
• Bring wet wipes, a change of clothes and cushy shoes, will need them
• Have fun, I won’t even be close to placing, probably won’t even make the top 75% but that’s ok, I am doing it.
So the only thing that I cannot control at this point is the weather. Cross the fingers that it is mostly cloudy, temps in the low 50’s with a light breeze. Basically perfect weather and so far the forecast looks like Mother Nature will not totally hate us that day. .
Eau Claire Half Marathon – bring it on!!!!!!