So I've been asked to share my recipe for the salad I had last night for dinner. I would LOVE to share the yummy recipe with you all.
1 small to medium cucumber
1 small to medium apple (8 pre slices pieces)
2 tbs apple cider vinager
1 tbs water
1 packet stevia
1-2 tsp coconut oil
(season to your liking, no salt or sugar in the seasoning)
1) Peel the cucumber and slice in half, scoop out all the seeds and slice both halves
2) Cut up apple (I use the pre-slice and rinse them before I put them into the salad)
3) Add vinager, water, stevia and seasoning and mix with cucumbers and apples. Put aside
4) Clean shrimp and place in a warm pan with the coconut oil, cook until done. ( I sprinkle with curry and Cajun seasoning)
5) Place cooked shrimp on paper towel to remove extra oil after cooking, cut shrimp in half and mix with cucumber/apple mixture
******This makes a good amount of salad and can be split in half, if that is done use 200g of shrimp as each serving is 100g.*******
This really is one of my favorite salads now to have, its light but not light enough to not be a dinner. It really is perfect to have in the summer months when it's super hot out and you don't feel like eating something heavy. I'm actually going to be making a large batch of this and serving it as a side salad at my graduation luau party!
Last night was a good night, I sat at my computer and read up on some recipes and some really cool kitchen toys that I want. The mango slicer is now on my Mother's day wish list so hopefully I will get that sweet tool to use for this summer! Today it is a little on the chilly side so I am planning on having soup tonight. I had pre-made chicken meatballs (that I made) in my freezer so I'm going to use them and some spinach and just whip something up real quick. That is one of the great things about spending all that time a couple weeks ago cooking, is now I can run home and throw something together and it's still healthy for me!