Wednesday, May 02, 2012
New Chapter… New Strategies…New Beginnings… New Routines… New Goals…
I am about to start a New Chapter on My Journey I call LIFE. I am about to move to an entirely different area. I am moving about 320 miles from where I currently live. I am moving in with my daughter. I have had many setbacks and obstacles on my journey. I started my weight loss about 4 ½ years ago. In the beginning I lost 65 pounds. I have been yo-yoing for the past couple of years now. I have managed to keep more than 50 pounds off.
I continue to recover from a knee injury from last September that keep me totally laid up for 4 months and then very limited while going through Physical Therapy. Then I had surgery on my Thumb in February which I am still under a Dr’s care. I also have a shoulder problem that has not yet been treated due to an issue with insurance. I have not been able to use my left shoulder for about a year now.
I have lots of ideas for the next chapter in my journey. I will have new strategies. I will work with timelines to meet all the things I want and need to do. My time management is not what it should be now but I that is one of first things to tackle in this chapter.
1) Add more time regularly for cardio.
2) Eat healthy every day, not just when I am having a good day.
3) Work up to Strength Training 2-3 times a week.
4) Keep up with my Journaling my exercise and cardio.
5) Log my meals EVERY day.
6) Log my workouts accurately daily.
7) Plant my garden.
8) Get outside more for my workouts.
9) Learn Kickboxing. Only in a cardio/strength training way, not a competitive way.
10) Work out a rewards system.
11) Gradually get off most of my medications.
Once I start to manage my goals I know I will start to see the weight come off again. And by time these all become routine I will reach my weight loss goal. I do not have a pounds lost goal. I will know when I have reached my goal when I am healthier and comfortable in my own skin and life.