Made Contest Goal!!
Tuesday, May 01, 2012
Beginning the end of January four friends started a contest. The rules were simple: Lose 10% of our body weight in 90 days (by May 1st). My starting weight was 247 lbs so I need to lose 24.7 lbs Rounded up to 25 lbs (my friend John appreciated rounding) and ending on May 1st at 222 lbs. My weigh-out this morning is 220.6. I surpassed goal by 1.4 lbs.
Now the hard work really begins (each day is a new beginning). My new goal is to lose another 30 lbs within four months. I have been down this road a few times and know it will be tougher, BUT!!! I have a plan.
1. Enter at least three 5K runs before Dec. 30th 2012 (If my knee holds out)
2. Take an extended motorcycle trip of 4500+ miles (burns 2.8 Cal./Min)
3. Continue to log all nutrition and fitness.
4. Calculate BMR and stay within calorie range.
5. Keep workout plans flexible.
This is the plan today and may be messaged from time to time.