Tuesday, May 01, 2012
First let's see how I did on the April Goals...
but not quite 1. Do 60 minutes of cardio 5 days a week - I am upping the goal because for the past two weeks, I have done 60 minutes of cardio at each workout.
I did very well on this challenge but did not quite make my goal. I was on track until the last week and my mom got put in the hospital for pneumonia. I had to travel home. So this one goes back on the list
2. I will NOT go under 1,200 a day with my eating. I really got to where I was skimping on eating and I think that's why I was beginning to plateau. I ate more good calories, the scale moved.
I am averaging about 1300 calories per day. I could probably still stand to go up with as much strength training and cardio as I do.
3. I will read two books on strength training and/or nutrition.
I read Strength Training by Lee E. Brown and Power Eating by Susan Kleiner. Both are great books for learning to fuel your body for strength training and fat loss. They are both really big on clean eating.
So what are my May Goals????
1. Do 60 minutes of cardio 5 days a week - Still working towards this goal.
2. Strength train up from 3 days a week to 4. I have a new program I'm trying for weight training based on the books I read. ( Also, I had to give up my trainer *Sniff* to save our money for the earnest money on our house) *Cross Fingers* on that one.
3. Eat clean (meaning no processed foods) at least 1 meal every day. I have to work up to this one. I use a lot of convenience foods so I have to clean them out before I can devote more meals to complete clean eating.
What are your May Goals?