Sunday, April 29, 2012
i'm good at a lot of things; planning is not one of them. i have improved to the point that most days i can enter the meals for the day before we eat them, not after; i have managed to fit in my 10 minutes, 2 ST exercises daily. walking and running - no problem. but planning... yeesh! it even takes me a couple of tries to spell it right.
and this week, planning is an extra challenge. we are leaving tomorrow on our trip to sweden for my conference for swedish translators. i love going there, and i'm so pleased that i'm going to be able to go there probably weighing less than last year. and i will be even more pleased if i can manage to find something new to wear, having pulled out the same conference clothes that i've been wearing for the past decade (conveniently stretchy at the waist, give or take a few lbs, like ten or so...)
oops - i digress. this was supposed to be The Plan. so. here is my plan for traveling.
1. log on to spark daily. i can still do that...
2. walk or run at least 3 miles daily. might be able to do better than that.
3. ST daily - wall pushups one day, situps one day, leg stuff the third. i can do that.
4. food - i will have to track it afterwards. i will try to make good choices. at the conference, i have ordered vegan food so it means the portions are usually controlled, which helps. and i will fight the urges of the beautiful swedish smörgåsbord at breakfast and lunch by remembering a) eat vegan!! b) portions!!.
5. limit wine. have some. not lots. maybe skip a day, though that may not be possible when we are invited as "company".
6. ultimate goal - to maintain. then i can start over...
so that's the plan. can i do it?