Day 18 - 11.6 pounds lost -- Anyone can do this it's so easy
Thursday, April 26, 2012
I realized something. Awhile back I lost weight and gained strength, stamina and fitness through "fitness boot camp" with a local gym. I went to this on and off for about two years, the trainer helped me so much -- it was life changing for me and has caused me to be athletic. But something very negative and hugely emotional occurred causing me to leave the boot camp program, stop my weight loss progress and instead brought me to gain back somewhere close to 1/2 of the 40 pounds or so that I'd lost. Throughout that time I continued to strive, exercise, be athletic and more, but overcoming the emotional damage took me a couple of years. Finally it has been this year that I was able to truly let go of the pain, it was very freeing. Meanwhile I decided to give this way of eating a chance -- people I know all around me are trying this -- so finally I took the plunge -- and the weight is falling off!! What have I reazlied? I realize that I don't need a trainer or accountability with food this time, I'm doing this on my own! I have arranged a small group of support for myself so to speak, I've informed those closest to me of what I'm doing so that I can gain their support and encouragement. I give them updates on my progress and I think it helps me. But this time I realize that I can finally lose weight without a trainer, and I'm truly thankful!! This is so freeing!! Now this is so effective that I'm copying/pasting from my earlier note as to how this is occuring -- I hope that this can help someone else! (We even get chocolate if needed and it turns out that fiber is so filling that I'm not going around hungry - unless it's a personal choice at a time.)
How I'm accomplishing this? It's at the *** on this message.
Finally, finally! Finally I have found a food and fitness plan that I can lose weight on my own!! I am so thankful! Grateful! A bonus... It is SO easy! (I'm not even kidding.)
1. I watched Forks over Knives (streaming netflix.)
2. I entirely changed my eating from eating very healthy before - to now eating extremely healthy... I've been eating whole wheat pasta, potatoes, apples, oatmeal, brown rice, white rice, carrots, dried fruits, enchiladas, lasagna, chocolate almond mocha fudge "So Delicious" coconut ice cream, garbanzo beans, spinach, tomatoes, salads, blueberries, strawberries, popcorn, banana bread, chili and more.
3. In those foods I just told you about... There's no animal products! Like none. Like totally none. I also do not consume ANY kind of oil products. Here's 21 days worth of menus right here (breakfast lunch and dinner!) http://www.pcrm.org/kickstartH
/ You can find more recipes at the happyherbivore.com and I recommend the engine2kitchen diet if you want to learn more and get amazing lasagna recipe!
4. I swim on a regular basis and that has been my mainstay of exercise.
5. I drink at least 8 oz of water or more daily.
6. I sometimes take vitamins.
7. I ask God for help on this journey!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!