Monday, April 23, 2012
Doing great, keeping up with food tracking and exercise for the last two weeks. We went on vacation during easter and it really hindered me. We have lots of mini (4 or 5 day trips) trips planned for the rest of 2012 and I realized unless I have some sort of plan, I will wind up undoing all of my hard won progress with every mini vacation. I really have to work hard to keep myself on track during these times with my family. It doesn't matter if everyone wants to eat out all of the time, I don't have to. During our easter vacation, I could have easily eaten from the grocery store that was right down our street, but I didn't. I have to be more thoughtful and conscious with my choices.
My goals for our next trip: hopefully be in good enough physical shape that I am able to keep up with my family without chronic pain. Comfortably sit in the airplane seat for the duration of the ride.
- keep up with daily: flossing, multi-vitamin, one serving of beans and green tea
- keep up with 5 - 6 weekly cardio sessions
- eat one serving of chia seeds at least 5x a week
- add strength training - at least two sessions per week
- set aside daily prayer and meditation (not long in terms of time, but mindful) at least 5x a day