Wednesday, April 18, 2012
I am writing these down so I can embrace the slow changes that are happening since my scale isn't moving a lot.
* I am in the middle of Week 3 of Couch to 5K - and the first day was rough, but last night I was able to run for three straight minutes, twice.
* I was able to hold a real plank twice this morning - not on the knees, up on the toes.
* I lost one inch off my hips since my last measurement.
* I am sleeping like a baby.
* I am drinking LOTS of water
* I am standing taller - doing the right thing for myself feels amazing!
* I am researching "Clean" recipes for treats that I can have that are sugar free and yummy but healthy
* I've inspired my younger stepson to start working out, too - and he's putting his OWN stickers (silver stars) on the calendar next to my puffy stickers and Hello Kitty stickers. I think that's pretty cool, if we can suck the older stepson into our new "healthier" lifestyle our whole family would be on board and maybe we can do that Presidents Active Lifestyle Challenge and get awards!
The biggest non scale victory is that I am actively engaged in this journey, I am truly committed and I'm doing it FOR ME and not to try to make someone like me or because I think I "have to". I am doing this because I want to, because I deserve good health and a strong body. I can't do it alone, and I know that and honor that. I am giving myself credit for being active on Sparkpeople again after years of half-a*sedness. I'm in this all the way, that's the biggest victory of all.