Tuesday, April 17, 2012
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am a huge fan of the Biggest Loser. This season is called the "No Excusses" season and some of them are pretty thought provoking.
Hmm, here are a couple that I remember
1. I don't have any motivation (this week')
2. I can't lose weight on vacation. Hello, they went to Hawaii and still lost weight.
3. I can't do it on my own. This is Spark People, you are never alone. There is always someone here 24/7 to support you when you ask.
4. I'll wait to lose weight until after the holidays. Has anyone looked at the calendar. I swear there is a holiday in almost every month. And then there are birthdays, anniversaries, graduations and the list goes on.
5. It costs to much to eat healthy. That one is my DH's favorite! He doesn't stop to think that his medications for high blood pressure (2 of them and they just doubled the dose on 1 of them), high cholesterol and Type 2 diabetes ( insulin and an oral med) probably will cost more in the long run than the healthy food I try to serve for meals.
6. It costs to much to go to the gym. Duh! SparkPeople has some great workout videos and a program that will help you get started. No cost there. Sure gyms are great, but only when you can afford them.
I know what mine excuses and there are probably some that aren't listed above. But the last couple of weeks have made me realize that there aren't any more excuses. I need to take care of me!! Even before the fire that cost me my home, I had developed some pretty lame excuses and had myself believing them too. I think I blamed everything and others besides myself.
Red light MaryAnn!! The only person responsible for me is me. No one else. Sure I can ask for support when I am stuck or looking at that chocolate cake that someone brought to a cookout. Who was that masked marauder anyway?? But I am the one who takes that first and/or second piece and justifies it. No one else. I know what is healthy and what isn't. And if I am going to take a piece of that chocolate cake, then make sure it is a reasonable size and only 1 piece. It's called self control for a reason.
So now I sit down with myself, and make a list of those stupid excuses. Put them up where I can see them on a daily basis - maybe even finish that Vision Collage. And every time I even think about an excuse - remind myself of what my goal hs been from the start - A Healthier Me - and how I plan on getting there.
Those are my excuses, what are yours!