Tuesday, April 17, 2012
You read that right. I did write detours and closer as my blog title. I just got back from my walk and several things struck me during it.
1. That I am always in a state of clarity during my walk
2. That I really need to bring a change of clothes for my walk and damp towel
3. That I feel good and energized
4. That I am always happy during my walk (and lately my at home workouts)
5. That I am becoming closer to my faith
6. That I am becoming closer to my self
7. That I am closer to reaching a level understanding why I am here and my purpose at every moment
I should have been taken these walks. Instead I was busy taking detours these last few years with my health and my body. I mean most of us “lucky” people don’t start out overweight, we start out as “healthy” and we take detours to get to this unhealthy state. I had the road maps, I saw the signs but I just took the detours with my body and said I would get there eventually. Me talking to self, you can have that cake, you will work it off later or you can eat 2 fast food meals back to back, you’re not that big. Damn those detours, I should have just paid attention to the signs and used my road maps. So now that I see clearly, there will be no more taking the back roads or detours. I so needed this WALK, someone was trying to tell me something and I’m glad I was listening.