Undone my fast break, but starting again
Saturday, April 14, 2012
So in 6 weeks, I regained the weight I had lost during my 6 week fast break. And went from working out 5 days a week to almost nothin=
It's really easy to beat myself up about how stupid I have been...but so what?!?!? I started back at work and it didn't work out to exercise when I thought, the weather turned crappy, and we had company, and then DH had surgery, then everyone had gastro. but so what? i can't undo what I have done. No sense beating myself up. Only question is what did I learn?
* I either have to commit to not seeing Noah in the morning, and exercise before I go to work in the morning which means getting up at 5:30 on the mornings I work. OR I need to plan to exercise in the evening before dinner.
*I have to have a menu plan....with lots of "easy/quick" dinner meals on the nights I work.
* I need to get enough sleep....if I don't then I eat crap, and eat it whenever I am tired....all afternoon, and all evening.
But I can still start again, I will have to live healthfully for the rest of my life, so its not a big deal to start again. Make a plan, do my best, review it, make a plan.
Goals for next week:
* Food: It was fun to do sparkpeople meal plans last week, but I need soem easier recipes for lots of evenings. So I need to do a meal plan for this week that has several "easy' substitions for when cooking is just too hard. I can't shop til Wednesday, so Monday and Tuesday have to be from the pantry. Try for between 1500-1800.
* Exercise: I need to start simple and just look at these things. Walk to and from work on Monday, Tuesday, Thursdays (36 min ea=108 min). Do at least 2 hour long walks on my off days. Try to go for a family swim on Saturday. I need to work on posture and core strength, so I'm going to try and plank 1 min/day. (Total exercise: 265 min)..
* Sleep: Turn off the TV by 10:30, turn off the light by 11:00 pm, except Friday and Saturday night.
Try it...see what works....as long as I keep trying, I'll eventually figure out what really works for me.