Thursday, April 12, 2012
GIRANIMAL had the smart idea to list positive things in her life, and I thought I'd copy her idea. I've been way too negative lately, and it's really affecting me badly. (I'm sure the people close to me aren't too fond of it, either!)
So, here is a quick list of ten things I've currently thankful for or happy about:
1. There is a cat sitting in my lap and purring as I type this.
2. Waddlepuss. Nickname I thought of for this cat. I think it's hilarious. (I promise I say it with love.)
3. That I'm actually sticking with the 5k Rookie Running Program. It's a challenge, and I'm thankful I'm up to it.
4. Violets are ready to be picked and made into jelly!
5. Pomona's Universal Pectin. I can make the violet jelly with less sugar. Whoo!
6. Spinach sprouts outside in the raised bed.
7. My boyfriend, for understanding me and making me laugh, among other things.
8. My volunteer job. I need to find a regular job, but this makes me happy and makes me feel useful (and feeling useful makes me feel even happier).
9. My tomato sprouts inside. They're THIS close to letting off that tomato leaf smell I adore.
10. Seeing bluebirds and tree swallows while on my walks/runs. They're very beautiful.
Actually, I can think of a bunch more things. Maybe I'll have to make a quick list every week.