It was an Event-FULL trip
Friday, April 06, 2012
1. went to OKC and stayed with Nancy. We went to an auction and I got a silver bowl and some earrings.
2. funeral in Batson. The ENTIRE community appeared at one time or another. All the community churches contributed to the food. I've never seen anything like it.
3. met the Russian in-laws in Austin and stayed with sister-in-law. Celebrated grandson's birthday with a party which included more Russian speakers. Yuri and Tatiana speak a little English, and were VERY nice people.
4. stayed with my uncle and aunt in San Antonio. Met my son's fiance, sweet girl. She spent most of her time gazing lovingly at my son. I think I like her!
5. went home and stayed with Mom for 2 weeks. Cousin Alan had a family reunion at the beach house (some 70 people); Mom took me to Lorraine's bunco party and I caught up with some old ladies who were a big part of growing up; and I got to see Jan, a childhood friend I haven't seen in 15 years, since she lives now in CA and I live in CO!
Totally gave up on dieting on the trip. And isn't it ironic that I blog about not waiting until you are thin to LIVE life; and then my next blog is to note that Bill Grimes (my step-sons' half brother, aged 28) died in a car crash?