Monday, April 02, 2012
I was watching the news yesterday and someone mentioned that it was the start of the second quarter. I sat there wondering how the first quarter had gone by so quickly. I started thinking about some of the goals I had set for myself and realized I fell a little short on some of them.
I still am not working regularly. I will say, however, that my Avon business has improved and that has helped. My daily schedule has improved. I'm doing more of what I want to do. But I'm still not doing everything that I think I need to do. So I am taking time right now to set some second quarter goals.
1. I will spend more time each day working on my marketable job skills. This should make me more confident in my abilities and show in myself when I go on job interviews.
2. I will still spend time every day searching for jobs.
3. I will find new ways to network. This should be good for my self-confidence and increase my chances of finding out about jobs out there that are never posted on jobsites or in newspapers. I think it will probably be a good way to meet new friends.
4. I will take on new learning experiences. I will use the library and the local unemployment office as well as the college to do this.
5. I will continue to take time out of my week to touch base with family and friends. I started doing this more in the first quarter and realized how important to me. I need to keep working on a more balanced life.
6. I will evaluate my goals a little more often. I won't wait as long as I have been. I'm going out on a limb and saying that I will do this every two to three weeks at the longest. I think this will keep me on track a little more. It will tell me if I need to change any of my game plans.
I found that writing these things down helps me stay accountable for myself. So here's to a good second quarter.