Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.
Greater than 350,000 SparkPoints 370,191

April Fool

Monday, April 02, 2012

I had a gain in March. It was the first time that I went for over a week with no exercise since joining Spark People. It was also the first time that I missed logging in since joining. That happened twice! I didn't blog for the entire month. I haven't been posting like I once did. I've been sick, tired and disgusted with myself & my journey. Time to stop acting like a FOOL and get back on track with my program and my journey to better health.

Now that I have recovered from the pneumonia & am back to my normal daily exercise routine I am moving in the right direction on the scale again. I am making an appointment to meet with a nutritionist. It's time to find out what is up with my metabolism and to figure out how to make some permanent changes in my life.

I refuse to be an April FOOL!

Bright blessings to you all. Love, Dawn
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • DARA52
    Keep on truckin Dawn. You will get there. And awesome that you are going to a nutritionist. I hope she can peg that metabolism and send it skyrocketing!
    1661 days ago
    So sorry to hear you were sick! I hope everything is OK now. emoticon emoticon Chris
    1662 days ago
    The line to our goal is always going to be wobbly - our challenge is to learn to deal with the normal setbacks that come with life. Sounds like you are doing a great job!!

    1665 days ago
    No April fools here! Sometimes we need to take a break to realize what's really important. Have a great April, filled with accomplishments!!
    1667 days ago
    Wow, Dawn, I didn't know you were sick. Just came here by accident and so glad I did. Hope you are soon recovered and back in the swing of things!


    Did you really cut your hair????
    1667 days ago

    Comment edited on: 4/4/2012 12:30:22 AM
    Glad you are feeling better! emoticon
    1668 days ago
    emoticon emoticon emoticon

    1668 days ago
    Good plan, Dawn, and we're with you all the way!
    Hugs, Di
    1668 days ago
    Glad to have you back, Dawn!
    1668 days ago
    I, too, like the 80/20 rule. It gives some leeway for taking into account that we are human & will experience times of setbacks or, at best, times of not moving forward in the manner we wish.

    I, also, had a gain of my hard lost pounds. I got on the scales & was chagrined to see a three-pound movement upwards. I have since taken that three pounds off. Still, I felt miserable! I had no excuse for the gain & it especially nagged at me knowing that I “could have/should have” & "needed to" go in the other direction. I did some “tough love” self talk knowing that the reason I gained was simply because I was lax about following my program.

    Now that you have the illness behind you & will soon be gleaning knowledge from the nutritionist things will smooth out leading you once again toward goal, sweet Dawn.

    Be blessed with much success in April.


    1669 days ago

    Comment edited on: 4/2/2012 11:52:20 AM
    So glad to hear from you again. So sorry that you've been so sick. It can really knock you down. But you can get back up and get moving forward again because you are an overcomer! Great idea to check with the nutritionalist.
    1669 days ago
  • TEDYBEAR2838
    OK, emoticon Dawn! I was really worried

    about you? Now I feel better that you'll be

    back on track. You are an emoticon

    person and I enjoy your blogs, your energy,

    your stamina.

    1669 days ago
    Glad you are feeling better and I think a nutrionist is a great idea . . . have thought some about it for myself. I'll be anxious to hear how it goes. . . and just so you know . . . You are no Fool . . . April or otherwise. Love ya!
    1669 days ago
    emoticon emoticon Dawn you are certainly no April Fool. You just had a setback and now it is time to look forwards and not backwards. Go back to the basics and start anew. Just tell yourself that today is the 1st day of the rest of your life and go from there. Baby steps are key! emoticon emoticon emoticon
    1669 days ago
    Seeing a nutritionist sounds like a great idea!

    We CAN do this!
    1669 days ago
    I wouldn't worry too much about the gain. The glorious thing is that you didn't go long before deciding to get back on track. I want to share something with you that I learned at my Weight loss meeting...

    it's called the 80/20 rule.

    80% of the time you should do what you know you should do. Reserve the other 20% for knowing that you are not perfect.

    I really liked that saying so i had to share! Bravo on realizing you were slipping and rectifying it.
    1669 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.