Saturday, March 31, 2012
It's not impossible to have a healthy spring break - it just takes planning and a bit of "get up and go".
1) Take your scales WITH you. You can buy a lightweight set of digital scales and pack them inside of your clothing.
2) Keep some healthy snacks in your tote bag. If you are traveling by car take a cooler with fruit, pre-cut veggies, jell-o cups, and waters.
3) Plan ACTIVE fun - hiking, walking, swimming, volleyball, tennis, kayaking, etc.
4) Start your morning off with BREAKFAST. Your body NEEDS fuel to fire up the furnace!
5) Don't forget to get your ZZZ's. A good night's sleep is important so don't party TOO late!
6) Skip the alcohol and go for sparkling water. You will save lots of calories!
7) Focus on FUN not FOOD. See the sights, enjoy the company and celebrate the freedom from work/school.
8) Research menus and calorie counts online before going out to eat. Choose wisely.
If you follow this plan you will be relaxed, re-energized and REDUCED by a bit on the scale!
Happy Spring Break!