6 years on Spark
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
I was looking around on my Sparkpage and realized something.
In June, I will have been on Sparkpeople for 6 years........and I weigh more now than when I started. I at one point was below my goal weight, but stopped doing everything I knew and gained it all back and more.
Life happens, and sometimes it stinks. I can start new, I've started before, but can't find the same momentum that I had before.
Here is my plan.
1) Go through fridge, stock with healthy food - DONE - mainly fresh fruits and veggies
2) Look over old nutrition trackers to see what other healthy foods I used to eat - maybe I'll find something exciting.
3) Take only healthy food to work. Find things that are quick, most of the time I get 20 minutes to eat - in a 12 hour day. When I need a break from the ICU environment, run to the break room and drink 8 ounces of water.
4) Try to get in at least 30 minutes of cardio on my days off and 15 min. of strength training on my work days.
5) Start tracking measurements again, not just weight.
6) Spend some time reading through old blog posts - look for motivators and patterns for when things were going well in my healthy journey.
7) Don't be too hard on myself, but don't make excuses either.