ted, BUT I will not let this get to me!!!"
Thursday, March 22, 2012
I am really getting tired of these weight plateaus!! but I guess over 48 years your body will develop comfort zones of weight where you have been before and want to hang around. Maybe I wouldn't be frustrated if it wasn't so near a goal of getting under 200lbs...and finally being in onederland again!!! I refuse to let this get to me and send me spinning out of control, so I need to come up with a plan.
My mind is saying.."OK..let's start at the beginning of next week with this new plan"..but WHY wait until then when I can start NOW!!! It's amazing how old habits of 'waiting' to do something keeps creeping back in to my thought process. Looking over my fitness workouts, I need to be more consistent. I have been all over the place of doing/not doing cardio/strength training and not having a plan for each week is not a good for me. I have been noticing that my intensity level is not high enough...I haven't been 'worn out' after working out sometimes....sweating,but not worn out!! there is a difference!!!
My "EXCUSES" lately have been family visits, birthday and weather...that have put my schedule out of wack..but I sure have found the time to watch TV and be on the computer!!!
So...here is what I am going to work on this coming week (yes..even starting today)...
1. MORE WATER!! I know I haven't been drinking enough...
GOAL: at least 12 - 8oz glasses a day (96oz)
2. CARDIO: AT least...60mins/day on days off from work (can be split up throughout day), 20-30mins/day on days I work.... INTENSITY: Need to do more interval training with MORE intensity at higher level..
3. STRENGTH TRAINING: AT least every other day working different upper/lower body parts...
4. EAT MORE FRUITS / VEGETABLES!!!: At least 5 a day...
5. If the weather holds out...be adventurous and try new walking paths...there are so many in my area I haven't tried!!!
Ok...I am ready to get this rolling!!! I want to get to ONEDERLAND!!!!!!