My scale is playing mind games. I donít know whether to trust it any more. This morning I weighed in, and it said Ď140.5.í
I almost plotzed. Then determined that was impossible.
So I moved it to a different spot on the floor. Ď141.5.í Still impossible. However, it didnít change itís mind after that, which is good . . . and bad. I'm sick of that darn scale leading me on every few weeks.
Having cheated on my weigh-in day repeatedly, and weighed myself several times this week, I know that on Tuesday I weighed 143, and on Wednesday I weighed 143.5. Iím happy with both of those numbers, and they seem pretty reasonable. I really think this morningís 140.5/141.5 is absolutely a fluke, so I decided to settle on a happy medium in between all of this. Iím going with 142.5, for todayís weigh-in. Thereís just no way that I lost 4.5 pounds in the last week. No way. So -2.5 it is.
Weighing in should not be such a guessing game, or a test of the math skills first thing in the morning. Sheesh.
I would like to note, that no matter which of the aforementioned numbers you wish to believe, I am officially smaller than Iíve been since, um . . . probably middle school, maybe even elementary school (and yes, thatís a bit sad, but . . . .) Hooray!
I also measured last night. This was slightly less encouraging, but yíknow . . . it is what it is. Lost an imperceptible quarter of an inch from each arm and thigh (curse you, thighs!) A half inch from both my waist and my hips (still BARELY qualify as an hourglass, woo hoo!), and none from my bust (thankyoujesus). Overall, not a huge change, but Iíll take it.
Soooooo . . . last night, after work, I was SO. FLIPPING. TIRED. Did I feel like tangling with that stationary bike? Certainly not. But I did it anyway. And I won.
I have to give myself a little pat on the back here (and many thanks to all of you who gave me one yesterday, and every other day, because Iím not that great at doing it myself, ordinarily). Feel free to skip to the next paragraph if you choose. But seriously, Iíve been working out like a fiend lately, and Iím pretty self-satisfied and smug about it at the moment (ha ha). My muscles havenít felt not-sore in, like, three weeks. Of course, two or three of those days I was sick, and the soreness had nothing to do with working out, but . . . well, thatís not the point!!! I even smoked Skinny Boyfriendís perfectly sculpted little butt climbing a giant hill when we went hiking on Sunday. Let me tell yaí how THAT never happens! I had to wait for HIM for a change, instead of the other way around. YEAH!!! How do yaí like THOSE apples, honey?!? Howís the view from back there? Tee hee. Just kidding. Mostly.
Okay, gloating concluded.
Now, for the Debbie Downer portion of our program. I decided yesterday to try the 100 Push-Up Challenge. Prior to starting the challenge, one is instructed to do a little test, to see at which level you should start. The test is to do as many push-ups as you can.
The results? Oh, prepare yourself. Youíre going to be SO impressed (insert eye roll here).
I can do one respectable push-up, and one completely awful one. Iíll call that 1.5 pushups.
I almost cried in shame.
Seriously? Iím THAT unfit? I just couldnít believe it. Sure, I might have done better if I werenít sore from cleaning on Wednesday but STILL. Iím not deluding myself; I donít think that made much of a difference. But . . . ! But . . . ! But . . . Iíve been doing chest flys (flies?) and chest presses like itís my JOB! Plank poses! Bicep curls! Tricep extensions! What the heck?!?
HOW CAN I NOT EVEN MANAGE FIVE REAL PUSH-UPS?!? RAAHH!
And now for the silver lining:
1. I have lots of room for improvement.
2. Skinny Boyfriend seemed to think it was just PRECIOUS that I could only do one respectable push-up, and only snickered just a wee bit. :)
3. I now have a reason to say ďChallenge ACCEPTED.Ē
. . . . . .
So, weíll be starting with girl push-ups for now.
. . . . . .
Other random events from the week:
- I had my height measured at the doctor's office on Wednesday. Evidently, at some point I convinced myself that I'm taller than I really am. I THOUGHT I was 5'5 and three-quarters, and was quite content to call that 5'6. Well, I've been informed I'm slightly under 5'5 and a half. Boo. I don't care, I'm still rounding up. :)
- I ran into a friend from high school at the grocery store, whom I haven't seen in a really long time. She didn't recognize me. And this is someone I was very good friends with! Ha! Guess I DO look different.
- Today, a coworker noticed that I've lost weight. And I was only SLIGHTLY awkward and evasive about it. ONLY SLIGHTLY.
- I.Actually.See.It. I can see it! I can see it in the mirror! I might not have lost many inches, but things are definitely changing for the better! Go, thighs, GO!
- Next week marks my "50%" milestone of 10 weeks, 142 pounds, and a BMI of 22.9. And basically, I'm pretty much there. I have been so filled with doubt that I could really do this, but I am knocking on the door of the 130s, and it feels GOOOOOOD, BABY!
. . . . .
Goals for the weekend: continue kick-assedness of last weekend. Do as many girl push-ups as possible. Donít be a lazy bum. Don't mess it all up!
Have a lovely weekend and a very happy St. Patrickís Day! And now, my favorite emoticon ever . . .